Request information about Our Services
Our top priority at Metro Cares is to help your loved one remain safely and happily at home. We take a team approach, working together with you, your relative and your relative’s health care providers to develop a personalized plan of care.
The staff at Metro Cares work together as a team internally. We have many different specialists available, each uniquely trained to address your loved one’s specific care needs.
Our goal at Metro Cares is to empower each patient and their family members/caregivers to work together to bring about an optimal level of health and quality of life.
We focus on delivering the care that best meets your individual needs in the comfort of your home.
Our Services include:
Many patients with pain, diabetes, joint replacement, heart bypass, dialysis, stroke and other physical restrictions can receive care in the comfort of their home.
Available Services from Metro Home Care Include:
Return to top
- Licensed Nurse to assess, teach and provide patient care, including: cardiopulmonary care, congestive heart failure, diabetic care, post operative care, wound/skin and ostomy care.
- Physical Therapist to aid in regaining muscle strength, joint mobility, gait and pain relief.
- Occupational Therapist to provide rehabilitation to restore self-care skills like bathing, cooking, dressing and more.
- Speech Therapist to aid in the restoration of communication skills, swallowing abilities and memory deficits.
- Dietitian to provide nutritional counseling for patients with special dietary needs.
- Social Worker to provide information on community resources, counseling, short and long term care planning.
- Certified Home Health Aide to assist with hygiene (bathing, brushing teeth, washing hair, etc.) and other related care under the direction of a nurse.
Palliative Care is an approach that improves the quality of life of patients and their families facing life-threatening illness.
Metro Palliative Care helps you carry on with your daily life. It improves your ability to go through medical treatments and helps you better understand your condition and choices for medical care.
Who can benefit from Palliative Care?
Candidates for Palliative Care include patients who:
- Have chronic, progressive, or complex medical condition(s)
- Have pain or troubling symptoms that are not well controlled
- Have difficulty managing the complexity of their medical problems
- Have been diagnosed with a life-limiting illness and need support with decision making and treatment goals
- Have experienced multiple visits to the emergency room or re-admissions to the hospital in the past six months for the same issues
Works with your doctor to manage pain and other symptoms
Return to top
- Clarifies your goals for care and quality of life and explores treatment options
- Assists in getting you optimal symptom management and support regarding care issues and options
- Works with the course of the illness, rather than a specific end goal, while building a relationship that can be sustained as your condition or illness changes
- Works with you to transition to alternative care, when and if necessary
Our Metro Hospice Care team is here to support the terminally ill and their families. We will help you understand and prepare for what is ahead mentally, physically, and spiritually. You will not be alone!
Hospice is a choice, not a requirement. You may choose to withdraw from hospice at any time to seek other medical treatments.
The Metro Hospice Care team includes:
- Nurses and Physicians
- Certified Nurse Aides
- Spiritual Support
- Social Worker
- Bereavement Coordinator
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy as needed
Our services include:
- 24 hour availability
- Medical equipment and supplies related to your hospice diagnosis
- Pain and symptom management
When is it time for Hospice?
Many people wonder when it is the right time for Hospice. This is a question best answered by you and your care team. Some questions to consider include:
Return to top
- Do you want to take control of decisions regarding medical care during the course of your illness?
- Are you concerned about the effects of your illness on family and friends?
- If you live in your home, do you have the support you need?
Caring for a loved one and still making time for the rest of the family, your job and yourself is a difficult endeavor. Often, exhaustion and stress can become overwhelming without help. Choosing Metro Personal Care can be a wise decision for optimum health for everyone.
Metro Personal Care specializes in private duty caregivers that perform a broad range of in-home services. Our caregivers are bonded, insured, and have passed a thorough background check.
A variety of care options are available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week to meet your needs:
Return to top
- Good Morning Service
- Good Night Service
- Medication Reminders
- Incontinent Care
- Respite Care
- Light Housekeeping
- Range of Motion
- Meal Preparation
- Change Linens
- Accompany to Appointments and Social Activities such as Movies, Beauty Shop, and Senior Center